Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:10

Lexie
Slughorn entered the class slowly and everyone clambered to their seats. I smiled as he entered. This was my all time favorite class. I was in the Slug club, I received the best marks, and I'm sure that he would appreciate me starting the Potions Club again. "Now," he began, "I prepared some potions this morning. Can anyone tell me what they are?"
I glanced at the four cauldrons he placed on his desk. Easy. Elixir to Induce Euphoria was the bright yellow one. Draught of Living Death was a dark murky color, however, it should have been a pale lilac color; I assumed that he brewed it to match our book's instructions. The silvery pink one was Amortentia and the last one was Felix Felicis, a dark golden color.
I raised my hand quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.invisiblexshadows.weebly.com
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:23

Dave
Of course, Lexie's hand shot straight up. I rolled my eyes discreetly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:44

Hydra
Slowly, languidly, I raised my hand, and Slughorn smiled, picking me for the bright yellow potion. "It's Elixir to Induce Euphoria," I answered slowly, smirking at Lexie. Lexie was chosen next and she rattled off the other potions. I rolled my eyes at her and a few of the other Slytherins snickered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 16:53

Lexie
"Correct," Slughorn smiled, clearly impressed. "All of you should pay more attention to Miss Nott and Miss Snape instead of snickering. They appear to be the only ones who actually knew the answers. Now, open your books to the page on antidotes and begin. You have one hour."
I carefully opened my copy of Advanced Potion making to the page and, instead of following the instructions my father rewrote, I took out my own folded parchment and opened it. It was time to test out my own antidote potion. Sure, my father was right about a Bezoar, but that didn't cure all the potions imaginable. I wanted to brew something close to that.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:02

Dave
I opened my book and got to work. I wasn't fantastic at potions like Mrs. Daddy's girl over here, but I wasn't half bad either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:05

Hydra
I smirked in a self satisfied way as I brewed the potion; I wasn't good at brewing, but Juliet was. I was more of an answer kind of girl, Transfiguration was more my thing. Speaking of that, I was planning on becoming an animagus. Illegally of course, just like my mum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:07

Lexie
Golpalott's Third Law stated 'the antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components.' So a poison blended with other poisons could not be created simply by blending their antidotes. I would have to find a common ingredient for the poisons he was using and create my potion around that. While my father was right about a Bezoar being one of them there are uncommon poisons it will not protect you against.
I began to read my notes on my parchment and got to work. Potions was one of the things I was good at and I wasn't afraid to show it. I couldn't care less if people snickered at me when I got answers right.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:20

I don't know what class Hazel is in and I don't care. Very Happy

Hazel
I finished writing the letter, read it over, and looked up. All the other students were taking notes and now I'd missed every single one of them. Great. Carefully, I folded the letter and slipped it in to the middle of one of my books. I took out a new piece of parchment and began writing as much as I could.

Jay
I walked around the halls, not really taking advantage of my study period at all..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:24

Lexie
I looked over at Dave who was brewing the book suggested potion carefully. He was actually doing a good job. I added a dash of wormwood to counteract the smoke which was now rising from my cauldron. I hoped that this came out as well as it did in my head.
Back to top Go down
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:25

Agatha
I glance over at Orion, who is glaring murderously at Nathaniel. Serves him right. We only have ten minutes left in class, thank Merlin. I shift uncomfortably under my friend's gaze. Maybe I can explain to him how we can't be friends if he acts like this, he'll finally understand. I doubt it though, that boy just won't give up or grow up. Boys stink.

Camille
I sit in my office when a small group of first years come in, followed by Hagrid, who is looking quite old. One boy has a bloody nose, and the girl has a black eye. The girl is also my daughter. I hurry out of the office. "What happened?" I demand loudly. Hagrid steps forward and explains in that non-intelligible way of his. I think it went something like, 'girl said she was talking to a garden snake, boy said it meant she was evil, girl attacks boy, boy attacks girl.' It was tactless of me, but I threw a healing spell at the boy and ignored him while I rushed to my daughter. "Hagrid, fetch Severus or Skyla for me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:37

Severus
I was sitting at my desk, going through letters from worried parents, angry school board members, and many others, when Hagrid stormed in rambeling on about two students in a fight and 'Mrs. Nott' needing my assistance. I sighed and hurriedly left my office towards the hospital wing.
"What is it?" I asked quickly in a normal monotone voice.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:46

Scarlet
My potion is turning out awful, and I have no idea what I'm even doing anymore. The potion is all the wrong color! A horrible smell suddenly wafts up from my cauldron and I pinch my nose in disgust. I don't have much time, but I dump out my cauldron of it's smelly contents and start from scratch. Handing in an incomplete potion is better than handing in that disaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:49

Camille
I pulled Severus into the office. "I'm sorry I pulled you away from work, but apparently my daughter spoke to a garden snake today in class. I'm not sure if this means she is a parsle tongue or not. I need you to go into her mind to see if she has any other memories of talking to snakes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:55

Severus
I raised an eyebrow. "If you insist." I turned toward the young Nott child and was soon absorbed into her thoughts. Visions flew past and I dug deeper until I found the proof I was looking for. There. Age seven talking to a snake near the woods by her house. I released the girl and turned to her mother. I nodded. "She is a Parseltongue."
Back to top Go down
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 17:57

Camille
"I know it doesn't mean anything bad... but I'm sure other kids will believe it's a bad thing. Just like the ability to do wandless magic nowadays is considered bad. I'll have to talk to Delphine about this- and I'll have to make sure she avoids the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." I made sure not to mention Hazel being able to preform wandless magic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:02

Severus
"I agree," I reply. "The chamber's snake has been dead for quite some time now. I do not know what else Salazar kept down there though. Things best forgotten perhaps. Is there anything else you wish to speak to me about?"
Back to top Go down
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:04

Camille
I pause, wondering if it was my place to tell Severus about Hazel's secret. He is the headmaster though, and not to mention he's practically family. I know I can trust him.
"Hazel has the natural ability to do wandless magic, she confided in me today about it, and I just want to let you know, in case anyone catches wind of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:17

Severus
"I am well aware, but I thank you for being open with me." The young girl whom I had taught for seven years had turned into an adult. She no longer kept secrets for the good of her friends. She no longer used mistletoe as a prank. "I will see you at dinner then." I turned and headed back to my office.

Lexie
It was almost done. I was positive I had gotten it as close to perfection as I could. My first potion that I had created myself. My father would be proud of me.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:19

Scarlet
The potion was coming out slightly better, but I knew it wouldn't be finished on time. I rushed around to get as much done with it as I could.

Dave
My potion was complete, and I realize that nobody else is really finished. I began to feel a bit worried but then I realize it doesn't matter what classes I pass or don't pass. I already got my damn education! I stir my potion one last time and sit back down in my seat comfortably.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:22

Hydra
Juliet finishes her potion, it's the exact color it is supposed to be, good for her. She'll definitely get an O on this. We high five, because my potion is barely a shade off. It's good enough for an E, but since Slughorn likes me, it's O material. Eric's potion is looking ghastly, and I have to stifle a grin. In frustration, he runs his hands up his sweaty neck. When his hair is lifted, I see the strangest looking scar.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:24

Lexie
I stirred it counterclockwise twice and turned off the heat. What would I call it? I would have to ask my father later. I never knew how Potioneers knew what to call their creations. "Alright," Slughorn said, "time is up. Time is up. Put your ingredients down and I will test them later. Class dismissed."
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:45

Hazel
I finish jotting down notes and the professor dismisses us. I collect my books and walkout in to the hall where I spot Jay. I grab his arm. "I have to tell you something," I say to him. There's too many people around. "Here, just read this and then give it back. It's supposed to be for mom and dad."

Jay
I take the letter from her and open it. Written in her neat cursive, I see the words:

I can use wandless magic. I suppose it is just something I was born with it. Auntie Camille told me it's a gift but I don't feel like it is. If anyone in the school finds out, they'll suspect the wrong thing. Rumors will spread about me, and none of them will be good ones.

The letter continues on. Once I reach her signature, I fold the letter back up and give it to her. "Just don't lose that. We'll talk again about this later," I tell her. I make my way back to the Ravenclaw Common Room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellyRose

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:48

Hydra
I glanced over towards Eric, feeling suddenly uncomfortable as my stomach twisted. That scar looked so familiar, like I've seen it before in a dream. I need to escape. I stand, looking around the room and I notice a few people are regarding me strangely, I bet they're wondering why I look so flustered and slightly green. My intuition is telling me something, but I refuse to listen. So I run. Down hallways and secretive turns I dive deeper and deeper into the school until I'm so far under I bet I'm far below the bottom of the lake. "Hydra?" a voice asks. I look up in alarm, but to my relief it's only Juliet. She's in the shadowy part of the hallway. "We have to get to dinner," she says, but for some reason I can't stop staring at her.

Just remember if you look in the face of evil, evil's gonna look right back at you.

A voice that sounds very much like mine resounds through my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Christine
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:54

Lexie
I glance over at Dave. "Thanks for carrying my books. I'll see you around." I left the potions room quickly and began to look for Hazel on the way to the Great Hall. Nobody had spoken anything about wandless magic so far so all was well.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:57

Dave
"No problem," I smile and walk down to the Great Hall.

Hazel
I spot Lexie. "I have to bring this letter to Auntie Camille, then I'll be down for dinner," I tell her. Quickly, I make my way to the hospital wing and walk to her office. She doesn't seem to be in there right now so I place the enveloped letter on her desk and hurry back to the Great Hall.

"all was well." OMG CHRISTINE DO YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU JUST POSTED

Last edited by Massie on Wed 5 Feb 2014 - 18:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation   

Back to top Go down

Hogwarts Roleplay: Second Generation
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next